Are you a life hack guru? Do you take every little thing in your life and find other uses for it to help improve your daily routine? If you do, you should definitely take a look at this list.
There are a bunch of things people use in their lives that have additional purposes that can help save them time, energy, effort, and, above all, money.
If you’d like to find out what these things could be, continue reading below for 16 things you’ve probably been using wrong your whole entire life.
1. Placing a new key on your key ring can be a difficult, painful and frustrating task. I’ve broken many a nail just trying to get a new key onto my key ring, and it’s pretty annoying. Well, if you ever run into this problem again, use a staple remover to open up that pesky contraption, and you’ll never experience a broken nail or split skin ever again!
2. If you’re in college or just like doing things that are outside of the box in your home, use your mirror as a cool message board for your friends or guests when they come over. Just make sure you avoid using permanent marker, and instead, use dry erase marker.
3. Flip the tab of your soda can around to use it as a convenient straw holder.
4. To quickly make a drink cold as ice on a hot summer’s day, wrap it in a wet piece of paper towel and put it in the freezer for 15 minutes.
5. Store your t-shirts on their sides to create more space. Storing your shirts this way will also help reduce the messiness in your drawer.
6. If you’ve ever gotten your hand stuck inside a Pringles container when reaching for the last few chips, you’ll love this useful tip. Pringles containers are designed to actually allow you to pull out the paper so that the chips can slide out conveniently.
7. To avoid damaging the fruit when you’re peeling, try peeling your bananas from the bottom up.
8. Juice boxes have tabs that fold down on the sides so that you can easily hold them as you sip your juice.
9. Use the hole in the handle of your pan to to place your spoon there for quick access while you’re cooking your meal.
10. If you love chicken wings but hate the process of having to eat around the bones, try this tip. Grab the two bones, twist, and pull them apart. This will leave you with nothing but boneless meat. Yum!
11. If you want your cake to stay fresh for as long as possible, cut it from the middle outwards. The more you know!
12. Instead of buying a ridiculously expensive waterproof case when you go to the beach, just place your phone in a tightly sealed Ziploc bag. You won’t have to worry about any water damage!
13. To avoid the inevitable mess that comes from slicing tomatoes, place them in between two plates and slice through the gap in the plate.
14. Did you know that your Chinese takeout container can turn into a convenient plate? It turns out, the containers were made to be unfolded!
15. Popsicles are the greatest thing you can eat on a hot summer day, but it can be annoying when they start dripping all over the place. To avoid this, place a muffin wrapper directly under the popsicle.
16. Wine lovers, you’ll love this one. Everyone loves a nice glass of chilled wine, but ice cubes dilute wine when you place them in a glass. Next time, place frozen grapes in your wine to cool it down.